Plague Huntress is a mature dark fantasy game that blends the sidescrolling exploration and action combat found in metroidvanias with the JRPG’s focus on storyline, characters and systems.
Level up and distribute points between Vigor, Strength, Dexterity and Intellect as you see fit, then equip combat skills that build upon your stat choices to fully customize your character.
Further augment your play style by equipping light or heavy weapons and armor with unique characteristics. Equipment can be acquired from quests, chests, enemies or town shops.
Explore a large interconnected map and acquire new exploration abilities to reach previously inaccessible treasures and areas.
A succession war is put to an uneasy halt when a cataclysmic event brings about a mysterious mist that carries a plague.
The infected turn into monstrosities and the people are left defenseless, as political intrigue hinders all attempts to form a unified front against the blight.
Only the Hunters of The Church of The Innocent, a branch of holy combatants mysteriously impervious to the mist, can offer any resistance. As the kingdom increasingly relies on the hunters for protection, the Church grows in power and influence.
Amidst the chaos, Leora, a devout huntress, is tasked with the capture of an infamous deserter of her religious order. As the chase unfolds, she will battle the plagued creatures of the blight, face political schemes and uncover dark secrets that will challenge her faith and reveal the truth that lies beyond the mist.
- Level up and distribute stat points to customize your character;
- Acquire new exploration abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas;
- Explore a large interconnected map to discover secret passages and treasures;
- Loot or buy new weapons and armor to further augment your play style;
- Defeat the creatures of the blight and collect their essences to learn new combat skills that build upon your stat choices;
- Quest system to keep track of objectives, rewards and story developments;
- Face political corruption, religious concerns and moral issues in a mature storyline;
- Classic pixel art graphics presenting a dark and grim atmosphere;
- Fully customizable controls with gamepad and keyboard support.